Symphony Hall foyer extension
Client: Performances Birmingham Limited
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Community, leisure and culture
We acted as quantity surveyor for Symphony Hall’s £10.2 million redevelopment, which has supported a new vision for the organisation, and created a brand-new entrance foyer. The key objective of the project was the expansion of the foyers to grow and diversify audiences, and enhance organisational resilience. The scheme was a four-storey extension to the existing building, covering approximately 1,290 m2.
The works included:
- A new ground-floor hub cafe
- Upper-floor performance spaces
- New bar facilities at all levels
- Two new hosting rooms
- Refurbishments to all existing toilets on each level
- Refurbishments to the existing foyer space to tie in with new foyer space.